Friday, July 27, 2012

Super 16

Here's my boy at age 6.  He loved being in the water in Guam.


And here he is at 16!  He still loves being in the water.


Happy Super 16th birthday to Josh!  

I love that kid.  Isn't he handsome? 

On his birthday he wanted to go to the new cable wakeboard park and work on his awesome moves on the rails and jumps.  He went with his buddy, Gerron, whose birthday it was also.  




What he also wanted for his birthday was to go to the premier of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, with his friends.  Here is a picture of Josh with Caden, Christian, Luke, and Caleb after eating some pizza.  


Two days before his birthday, Josh took the road test and passed with flying colors.  He must have done everything correctly because the guy didn't tell him anything he did wrong.  That is a good start to his driving career.  Let's hope it continues.  A few hours later, we headed to the DMV, and he passed his written test.  Yee Haw!  He was all clear to get that drivers license.  I was a nice mom and let him get it.  I was even a nicer mom when I later let him drive the car by himself.  Here's the picture that documents that very moment.  He didn't want me to take the picture, but he didn't have a choice if he wanted to drive.


Josh has been asking for some time to have his room re-painted.  It has been burnt orange and blue since he was 12.  I have been putting off his request because I knew what a huge pain it would be to paint over those walls and slanted ceiling.  But while he was away at Boise Youth Spectacular (mini EFY) the week before his birthday, Matt and I painted his room a nice neutral grey.  A warm grey that looks nice with the carpet.  I forgot to take a before picture.  Dang it.

Gotta love primer... 2 coats... 2 gallons... many back breaking hours.  Way longer than I thought it would take.



 Yes, I know... I look pregnant in this picture.  I'd like to blame it on the billowy shirt and the drawstring on the shorts.  Ha!


Here's the finished room.  Almost finished.  The color looks brown, but it really is grey.



I still need to hang his new shelf from IKEA and some cool framed pictures of wake boarders that I put together.  I should get a valance for the window, huh.  And a mirror so he can look at his handsome face... or flex his muscles when no one is looking!

He chose to eat at Andrade's mexican restaurant for his birthday dinner.  It was voted 2012 Best Mexican Restaurant in the valley.  


Here's the Strawberry Shortcake Cake that I made him.  It's a Pioneer Woman recipe.  It was so good!




Thanks for being born, Josh!  I sure love having you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment