Saturday, December 31, 2016

More December Family Fun

I celebrated my 45th birthday with my awesome husband.  We went to this new place downtown for lunch.  We love eating out together.  Matt gave me a beautiful navy blue Le Creuset oval dutch oven from William Sonoma.  I've been wanting to splurge on one of those for a very long time.  


The Daybreak Young Single Adult Ward had their Christmas party.  They were having an ugly sweater contest so we donned ours but didn't participate for the prizes.  They had a nice program and nativity displays.  These awesome YSA's put on a fun party, catered by Chick-Fil-A.



I'm co-teaching an institute/Sunday school class called Preparing for Eternal Marriage.  I took a group pic for my dad's Light the World video showing some service I have done.


We had a nice Eastman get-together.  We had dinner, I did my flannel board nativity story for the kiddos, and then we helped G&G Eastman decorate their Christmas tree.



Poor Emma tested positive for the flu the week before Christmas.  We got her diagnosed super early so we were able to get her on Tamiflu.  That, combined with a priesthood blessing, knocked that flu out within a couple of days.


Josh came home from Utah State the night Emma got sick.  Thankfully, it didn't spread to anybody else!  The next day, Matt tried to take Josh to Brighton, but the storm made it so that Brighton didn't open for the day.  The two of them headed back down Big Cottonwood Canyon, and this is what they got into.  The canyon closed down for three hours, and there they sat.  Not a fun ski day as planned.



 But several days later, and again after Christmas, they were able to get back to Brighton and enjoyed the snow together.

                                      



Emma and Josh braved freezing cold temps on a gorgeous late afternoon and went sledding together in Daybreak.




And again on another day at Suicide Hill.  Pure ice that day.



And speaking of ice... we finally got to go ice skating at the Olympic Oval in Kearns.  That was a fun outing with my fav 20 and 15 year olds.





No comments:

Post a Comment