Saturday, April 27, 2019

April's Rundown



Emma went to Bingham Prom at the very end of March, but I wanted to include her picture here anyway.  She was so beautiful, as always!


One night while Matt was at work, I made the Food Nanny's pizza with arugula, tomatoes, balsamic glaze, and french salt.  Oh my goodness!  It was so very good! The crust turned out awesome!  It was like a cracker, but still chewy enough.  I used my new Kamut flour which made all the difference.



This happened on April 2nd.  Look at Josh kneeling down in a circle of rose petals on a raining day proposing to his lovely lady, Megan!  He's a pretty happy guy these days.  As he should be!  We are thrilled that he has found a wonderful girl to marry.  July 13th is the big day!


My dad turned 76 (I think), and I made him a german chocolate cake to show him how much I love him.  I used the recipe from A Bountiful Kitchen.  It was a labor of love for sure.  But look at it!  It was beautiful and it tasted out of this world!


I had a little picnic on the lawn at Wymount with my favorite granddaughter and her sweet momma.  We ate Chick-Fil-A while Piper chewed on my mint box.  When they move away, I'm going to miss these days of making visits to Provo to see this little family.


For Emma's last spring break, we flew to San Diego and had an awesome time together.  I will do another post about that so I can share more details.


We were home from San Diego for Easter Sunday.  I love Easter!  And this year it was extra special.  I will share more in another post.



On April 23rd we spent part of our 26th anniversary in Provo.  We went out to lunch at Chom Burger with Chelsea, Spencer, and Pips.  And then we went over to the BYU Museum of Art and saw this wonderful exhibit called Windswept created by Patrick Dougherty.  These pictures don't really do it justice.  This large room was filled with "a towering, contorting sculpture that seems unreal".  These willow saplings from upstate New York were bent and twisted into this incredible piece of art which took him three weeks to make on site.  We read about this man's other tree bending artwork that he has created around the world. It's pretty darn unique and amazing.


Yesterday I babysat my cute nephew Henry.  His parents are on a fun anniversary trip and his other grandma who has been tending him and his sissy was at work for the day.  So Henry and I spent time at the park, played with Playdough, and watched Cars back at the house.  I'm happy that I have a flexible, open schedule which allows me to help when needed.



This morning I got a much-needed haircut at the Aveda salon in Draper by Emily.  She's a super nice young mom who listens to me and talks it out with me as we decide how to proceed.  Today, she cut my hair on a center part and then styled it on the opposite side as I usually do, and then she curled it to put in a little movement instead of styling it straight.

April has been a good month.  It started out with my favorite General Conference weekend and a bit of snow, continued into the month with wind and rain, and now is ending with sunny blue skies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment