Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Catching Up- Moving Stinks

 


This meme brought me comfort on a hard day recently.  It's something I need to keep in the front of my mind so I can have hope that we are doing what is right and things will work for our good. 

Our house in South Jordan sold in just a couple of days.  We put in an offer on a house in Provo at the same time.  We love the location of our new home.  It's just seven minutes to Matt's work, and it's super close to BYU and the beautiful mountains.  We have a nice view of Rock Canyon out the front and a view of Mt. Timpanogos out the back.


I already miss the expansive view of the Wasatch Front mountains and the valley.  I miss the super convenience of a lot of shopping in only five minutes from our house.  I also miss the easiness of the street numbers in Salt Lake County.  They make so much more sense and are laid out in more of a straight grid.  Despite missing these things, I already love walking the hilly streets with big, old trees.  The people on our street have been so friendly and welcoming.  I love having a bright, walkout basement as well as a garden that I'm getting tomatoes from.  I love the church building that we get to attend.  It has a cool retro vibe to it.  



I want to forget the memories of the pack out and moving days.  They were stressful even though we hired a company to do it for us.  It turned from a two day to a three day move with an unplanned night at a hotel.  It also took two and half trucks to fit all of our things.  It was so stinking hot those days which made it worse.  The emotions I had were all over the place, but I held it together pretty well through it all.  The tears and sadness have definitely surfaced since. We are getting more and more settled into the new house each day.  I've lost some kitchen cabinetry, so finding new homes for things has been frustrating.  But the home is lovely, and we will get it all figured out.  We won't be moving for a VERY long time.  





No comments:

Post a Comment