Friday, January 1, 2021

A Book A Month 2020

Another year has come and gone! I continued my goal of reading a book a month, but I actually didn't make my goal this year. I only read 11 books. You'd think I would have read twice as many books due to Covid restrictions and not being out and about for months on end. But I had a house full of family which included a very adorable granddaughter. I chose to play with her more than I chose to read. But really, the biggest obstacle to not reading 12 books was moving to a new home in August. I hardly read that month, and so it took me two months to finish my August book. You'll notice that a couple of my book choices this year were on the shorter side due to all that was going on this spring and summer. But, nevertheless, I read a variety of books in 2020 and that's what counts! 
 
Oh wait a second! I read two books in February, so I guess I did read 12 this year. 
I enjoyed all of the books except one...The Haunting of Hill House. I hate horror stories, but Matt had bought this short book and since it was written in 1959, I thought it probably wouldn't be too bad. It wasn't, but I still hated it. 

January- The Priesthood Power of Women by Barbara Gardner 
February- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens/ You Are More Than Enough- You Are Magnificent by Ganel-Lyn Condie
March- Silent Souls Weeping by Jane Clayson 
April- Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank 
May- The Island of the Colorblind by Oliver Sacks 
June- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole 
July- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach 
August (start)- A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith 
September (finish)- A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith 
October- The Gown by Jennifer Robson 
November- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson 
December- Change Your Questions Change Your Life by Wendy Watson Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment