Monday, May 31, 2021

Second Half of May

My garden is trying its best.  It's my fault it's not flourishing.  I fertilized them late, and I should have mixed in some fresh garden soil before I even planted.  I had each kind of seed sprout, but they are slow growing. So I decided to pull up the carrots and beets.  I'm still holding out for the peas and brussel sprouts.  Hopefully I can get some before it is just too hot outside and they give up and die.  I planted three kinds of tomatoes in another box with some marigolds near them.  In the box where the carrots and beets were, I will fill with flowers like the previous owner did.  





My pink peonies are blooming! I've been cutting some and bringing them inside to enjoy.  I wish I had a couple of varieties, so maybe I'll have to find another place to plant more next year. 




I hosted a bridal shower for my nephew Steven's wife.  Her name is Saylor.  They married in November and are about to be sealed in the Rexburg temple.  They didn't have a reception or a shower yet, so I offered.  Since she has extended family in the Herriman/Draper area, I held it at my old stake center's outdoor pavilion in South Jordan.  It was a beautiful weather day except for the wind that wanted to disrupt my decorations.  But all turned out well enough, and we celebrated Saylor and showered her with gifts to help her set up her new home.  I did a citrus theme in my decor, desserts, invitations, and game prizes.  The game was a Scatergories type game with the letters L-O-V-E and categories that had to do with getting married.  


Here are all the ladies on my side of the family that were able to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment