Monday, October 31, 2022

Disneyland October 2022

My older sister, Kristen, loves Disneyland and has wanted my parents, siblings, and families to go together.  At the beginning of 2022, some of us committed to going in October.  My mom and dad, Kristen and Bailey, Heather, Rob, Evie, and me flew to California on Saturday.  Our first day at Disneyland was Sunday.  I'm sure my parents haven't ever done something like that on the sabbath (have I?), but this is obviously not something they'd repeatedly do.  We had so much fun together.  My mom and dad were rockstars from 8:00am to 10:30pm.  They did this four days in a row with just a break or two thrown in or a later start to their day.  My mom navigated around on the rented scooter without incident each day.  It was super crowded, so this was not an easy feat!  I did Disneyland/California Adventure on Sunday and Monday and flew home on Tuesday.  The rest of the crew flew home on Thursday after spending four days park hopping.  Kristen was such a great "tour guide".  She knows how to use the Disney app really well and showed us the ins and outs of it.  Also, she helped us schedule rides where we could use either my mom's or Evie's special passes.  My mom and dad, who are in their late 70s, and little almost-five-year-old Evie, rode a lot of rides.  Even Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!  My mom thought it would be like it was 30 years ago, but she quickly realized that it was NOT!  It was a bit too fast for her, but seeing her smile and laugh through it was priceless.  She googled about it later and found that it's been renovated twice and made more thrilling (actually faster than Space Mountain) since she rode it last.  I'm super proud of them for getting the most out of their time at the "Happiest Place On Earth".  Here's just a sampling of the many pictures we all took.  

Here my dad is showing his exaggerated disappointment when he realizes he's probably too old to go on Space Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment