Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day 2012

The past 12 days have been so wonderful for me.  I have loved having Chelsea home from BYU.  We have all spent a lot of time together getting ready for Christmas day.  I am grateful for the love that is here in our house.  I have felt peace and comfort.  A little piece of heaven.

Last night, we all got our Christmas pajamas.  Several years ago, we started doing a pajama hunt (idea from the Hammers).  The kids have loved it, so that tradition is staying.  We watched the new Silent Night movie.  It is such an awesome story.  I will never hear that carol again without thinking of it's origin.  If you want to borrow the movie from me you certainly can do so.  It left a beautiful feeling with us.  Truly the Spirit testifying of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  We had our family prayer, then sent everyone off to bed.

We opened gifts this morning around 8:30 after taking a family photo of us in our LoveSac beanbag.


I sure love these people.  Here are some pics of some gifts received.


Stocking stuffers for Emma


 Snowboard boots for Josh


Super cool headphones for Chelsea


 Money Machine for Emma from G & G Wright


Chelsea's gift to her brother Josh...a Batman hooded blanket


The "Year of the Puzzle"... gifts from me, G & G Eastman, G & G Wright, and Aunt Rach's family


My Taj Mahal ornament (from Pottery Barn)... my gift this year is going to India


My sister, Lori, gave us this travel book of India and this beautiful travel journal made out of recycled silk saris.  Definitely taking it with us when we go.

Merry Christmas everyone!  Thanks for wonderful gifts and well-wishes!




1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea to do songs for your twelve days! Loved all the activities you guys did. I may have to steal this for next year. I am getting excited for your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete