Saturday, March 16, 2013

Special Delivery

I was asked by the volunteer coordinator if we'd be willing to take some mail in our luggage to Rising Star in India.  I received the box today.  Here's what was in it.



Besides a few things for a long-term volunteer, everything else is for specific children from their sponsors here in the states.  I read through the hard to pronounce names that they are addressed to, and I got all emotional and began to cry.  These are real children who are loved, and I was overcome with joy that I am about to meet them.  I'm REALLY going on Friday!

A lot of preparation has gone into this trip.  It's the biggest trip I've ever planned.  So many details!  It will be nice to actually get going on it!

I've been making this pile of stuff in the corner of my bedroom for the last few weeks.  We have to bring some food items... snacks, cereal/oatmeal, gatorade packets, and some sandwich fillings like tuna and peanut butter and honey.  I bought small candy and toy items for the student's "Star Store".  We've got travel sized everything, ear plugs, head rests, lice shampoo (just in case), heavy duty Deet mosquito spray, and sunscreen.  And much more:)


No comments:

Post a Comment