Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Work Hard/Play Hard

Today was going to be colony day for us, but the schedule had to be changed for various reasons.  We tutored again in the computer lab throughout the day doing math and reading...

The power just went out.  That happens throughout the day. Since I'm charging the computer right now,  I had to jump up and pull out the plug before the power comes back on to avoid ruining our cords even though we have a surge protector. The outage usually lasts a few minutes.

Anyway, we had another wonderful day with these children.  They are such hard workers, quick to learn, and very happy.  They are kept very busy with schoolwork and chores.  They also play super hard.  I am so impressed how they entertain themselves and play with each other.  They make up games and rules and are so creative at it.












Morning Assembly


 Matt watched the older boys play cricket and soccer.





 Oh, I forgot to mention that Matt and I ran at 5:30 this morning just as the sun began to rise.  Before starting, we remembered we needed to get our major Deet repellant on.  But I got my first mosquito bite anyway.  Hoping my malaria prophylactic is working.  We ran 21 times around the small track which equalled three miles.  It was like running in thick soup.  I was drenched in sweat when we finished and went right in and took a bucket shower.  Refreshing.  I don't think we will run anymore in India because it zapped us of some energy that we needed to get us through our workday.

One thing I love at dinnertime is that we go around the table of volunteers and share a high and a low of the day.  My low today was the text I received from Emma at 3:30 this morning telling me how she got sick 9 times already that day.  I feel so bad for her and wish I was there to help her.  But my high that I shared with everyone was that I then got to skype with Emma, Josh, and my mom before we started tutoring.  That made me happy.

Wish I could share more.  It's late once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment