Saturday, December 30, 2017

December 2017


My December started out with Matt sending me to an Asian market to find a particular brand of Chinese cooking wine.  I finally found it on this aisle full of wines and vinegars!  Ha Ha!


The next evening, while watching the First Presidency Christmas Broadcast, we were surprised with a large group of wonderful people from our YSA ward who sang us a couple of Christmas carols.  We love these people!


A few times a month, I have been going on long walks around Daybreak Lake with my friend, Rhonda.  She is full of light and positivity.  I'm blessed to know her.



Matt left me for a day or two for this.  He's determined to play golf every month during the winter.


For my birthday (#46), Matt took me to The Piano Guys concert.  We had a great time.



Here's a note I received at the end of a subbing day.  It made me smile and laugh a bit.  I love middle school kids.

Our 12 Days of Christmas started on December 13th.  Words of Christmas was my theme.  This is the ninth year I've done it for our family.  Next year will probably be the last.


Matt and I attended our ward's Christmas party held at the Institute building this year.  We had a yummy dinner catered by HoneyBaked Ham, and then we played games and decorated gingerbread houses together.










My younger sister Heather and her husband Rob welcomed their first baby together on December 18th.  They named her Evelyn Rae.  I get the privilege of babysitting her twice a week starting at the end of January.


Chelsea is now a college graduate!  We are so proud of her.  She has earned a Bachelors degree from BYU in Latin American Studies with a minor in Spanish.  We gifted her a FitBit and had a celebratory dinner at Benihanas.



I made gluten free cinnamon rolls and they actually were pretty good!


For about a week I got to dog sit this little 6 pound cutie named Sasha.  She visited our house a few times and even slept once on Emma's bed so she wouldn't bark in her backyard and bug the neighbors.


Let's take a look at my awesome family on Christmas morning.  Awwww I just love em.


Josh went to Zion National Park for a couple days with a few friends.  He hiked Angel's Landing!  Brave man!


Grandma and Grandpa Wright held their annual family Christmas party.  Little Caesars pizza, a visit from Jultomten, gift exchange game, and this year... a relay race of poop the potato!




Well, there you have it.  My blog has turned into a description of my Decembers and my 12 Days of Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment