Thursday, January 24, 2019

Welcome 2019!

I'm hopping back on my blog this year.  For the last few years, I've only been posting my 12 Days of Christmas so that I can have a good record of our celebrations.  That's good that I've done at least that, but I want to get back to documenting more of my daily activities.   I recognize how special it is to go back and read about the small, seemingly insignificant, events of my life.  A couple of weeks ago, I spent an afternoon looking at my old posts and walking down memory lane.  It was awesome!  I read about my small act of service that I have done for my kids everyday by making them their lunch to take to school.  I'm so glad I've written my thoughts and feelings about that because it's about to come to an end in a few months when my youngest graduates from high school.  I read about my jury duty and the heavy feelings that went along with those five days and the conviction of a man.  I read about when we had to put our doggy, Sundance, to sleep and say goodbye to him.  I loved seeing pictures of my kids, my husband, my friends and see how we've changed or stayed the same.  I want to keep at it!  Maybe not as much as I blogged before, but enough so that I can continue to have a visual journal that I can look back on and also print out in book format.  This past fall, I made books out of Chelsea's and Josh's missionary emails that I had put on their mission blogs.  It was so easy to do, and I'd love to be able to do that with my personal blog.


Here's a current selfie.  I took off my glasses for this one, so maybe I should find a pic that shows what I look like all day every day.


Ha!  Not these glasses.  This is me on my first snowshoeing outing with Matt and Emma up Millcreek Canyon a few weeks ago.


OK.  Here's what I look like all day every day in my purple glasses.  And here's my new granddaughter, Piper.  She's squishy, and I love her.  She deserves her own post for sure.

So, welcome to my 2019 Amazing Race.  What kind of adventures will I have this year?  I can't wait to find out!  So far, so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment