Friday, September 30, 2011

It's Finished! Almost.

Last March, Matt and I finally pulled the trigger on re-doing our front room. The people who built this house made this area a dining room. Stupid use of this space. It's right when you walk in the door. The dining table is now in our kitchen and looks way better. We decided to have a lady at Ethan Allen help us pick out things we love. Sita was wonderful to work with. Finally, all our pieces are here after watching them slowly trickle in. We really love this room. I just need to decide on what to put on the hutch. It has to be just the right things, and that has always been my problem. When I see it, I'll buy it. I have to love it first. If I had my wish, I'd buy a large, beautiful bronze LDS inspired statue, but that would be in the thousands. What do you think?
I love that the blue ceiling is more noticeable now. These pictures don't adequately show that little bit of blue in the chairs, drapes, rug, and sofa pillow.
We love our surveyor's lamp!
We still need a floor lamp and small rectangular side table next to the sofa, but that will come later. Not necessary right now.
This is our newest painting. It's a night scene of Chimney Rock.
This is NOT just a room to look at as you pass by. We use it all the time. I love to read in here. We have family scripture reading here. We have FHE here. We love inviting home teachers and visiting teachers to sit here instead of walking through our kitchen to get to our family room. I love laying down on the couch to talk with Matt when he's at his desk. I'm so glad we finally made the change so that this space can get used.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I envision this to the be room that Chelsea's future man has "the talk" with Matt in.... We need to make another trip up there so we can help lounge in this room too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have actually already had a talk with a boy in this room. It will be well used before "the talk".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I dig it. And I love that you've already grilled a boy in there. You should put a gun case in there and call it the interrogation room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gun case with with the wooden guns Matt and Josh got on trek:)

    ReplyDelete