Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Blessed Mom

Emma amazes me with her new-found confidence. Something clicked in her when 5th grade started. She ran for student council and won. She loves the responsibility it has brought. She is on a few committees and is showing great leadership abilities. She has plans to try out for the speed jump team (jump roping) competition in the spring. She also looks forward to competing in the spelling bee. Last year, she advanced to the school finals, but she gave up her spot to the girl who came in second. She was too scared to compete in front of the whole school. This year, she is ready for the challenge. I'm so proud of her. The picture below is of her playing her favorite game of "hotel".
Josh amazes me with his perseverance and sportsmanship. He has completed another season of cross country running. He loves running with his team. Mountain View did great this year, once again. Their races are 3.1 miles long. Josh had a goal this year to finish a race under 20:00 minutes. He did it at the Gibb Floyd Invitational in Kuna. He finished in 19:40. He plans on running during track season in the spring. Hopefully, he'll keep running through the winter so he will be in top shape come March.
Chelsea amazes me with her commitment to excellence. She has always been determined to do well academically. Chelsea has taken AP classes for the past two years. She is also in Spanish 4 and has college credit for it through Boise State University. This week, Chelsea was voted by her senior class as Most Academic. She felt bad for beating one of her friends, but I told her that she deserves it just as much. She is a hard worker with high expectations of herself.
These kids of mine amaze me. I love them more each day. I am one blessed mom.

1 comment:

  1. Go Emma Josh and Chelsea! If you ask me, it takes pretty amazing parents to have such awesome kids ;) I'm so proud of Emma and Chelsea, spelling bees scare me to death and 'Most Academic' that is outstanding! And that is a seriously fast time Josh, like you could outrun cougars and bears! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete