Monday, November 7, 2011

No Coincidence

Today my amazing mom had surgery. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. Thankfully, it was found early and that really ups her chances to kick it in the rear. I know she can do hard things.
My mom's surgeon is our friend from medical school, Joe Jensen. When my mom found out who would be performing her surgery, she looked him up online to find out more about him. She saw that he is a D.O. and graduated the same year as Matt. It didn't say what med school he went to, but she wondered if we knew him. She told me his name, and I flipped out with happiness. We loved hanging out with Joe and Nelly in Kirksville. Matt and Joe and some other guys used to play golf together. They are great people. I have been very happy to know who would be my mom's surgeon. She's in good hands.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is hands down the cutest dang picture EVER! They look so adorable and happy together :) That's really cool about her Doctor, what a comfort!

    Hope we see you guys at Christmas!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete