Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SNOW

Finally, the Boise area is receiving snow.  It's the first snow of the winter, and I hate to say it, but we really needed it.  I'm not a snow lover.  I'd rather it stay in the mountains, but even the mountains weren't getting the amount of snow that they need.  So bring it on!  (Here's me when I first went out in it... smiley and excited)

Josh is thrilled that Bogus Basin will hopefully open this coming week.  I hate to see my boy so distraught with the lack of snowboarding:)  It's pathetic.  In its 69 years of business, this is the latest that Bogus has ever opened.  I hate to see so many people out of work because of the lack of snow.

But I wasn't out of work today.  This is what I did.  (Matt's cool pic with his iPhone)


Thankfully, Matt could be home with me for most of the day to help me out with the snow removal.  And finally, I got to wear my ski pants and snow boots that I bought last year.  I figured it was time to just embrace being away from coastal climates and get myself some snow gear.  I still need to get some gloves for the snow.  I wore my running gloves to shovel.


Our driveway is big and makes for double the work.  But thankfully it is south-facing and melts quickly when the sun comes out.  (Here's me when I had been working for an hour with icy wind pelting me in the face... not so smiley and the excitement had left)


I ran this morning with Matt and my friend Natalie just as the snow was starting to fall.  I like running in the snow.  Tomorrow, we might have to put on our YakTrax to keep from slipping if the snow is still on the ground.  Here's a pic of Matt donning his headlamp and reflective belt.


2 comments:

  1. You are a true Idaho girl now wearing your running gloves to shovel snow before you head out for a run. (I am like you-- I preferred the snow to stay at Bogus for skiing-- but hated scraping my windshield and shoveling the driveway at home ) Love your purple parka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that doesn't look fun at all!! I am really worried about moving to any climate with snow. We haven't had that for 16 years!! It is pretty though!

    ReplyDelete