Friday, February 3, 2012

My Lucky Day

I had a secret, and I kept it.  Something good was about to happen, but nobody knew.  It's exactly how I wanted it.

After 14 months (four months earlier than anticipated), my braces came off!  Here's me with my orthodontist, Dr. Howell.  He does this with all his patients when they get their braces off.


I got to choose the hats that we wore in the picture.  Dr. Howell has a bunch of funny hats to choose from.  I was told he hadn't worn this fuzzy, blue and orange BSU hat yet, so I picked it.  For me to wear, I chose this leprechaun hat because it was my lucky day.

Matt came home for lunch like usual.  I wanted to see how long it would take for him to notice my teeth.  It took about 5 minutes.  That was after talking to him and kissing him.  And it wasn't just a little kiss.  He noticed, finally, when I was talking to him about what to eat for lunch.  He was so surprised.

I thought I'd get a normal retainer that fits the roof of your mouth and a wire across the front teeth.  But I get to have a clear one that fits snuggly over all my top teeth.  You can barely notice it.  I just need to learn how to talk with it in.

                                     
Day 1
After 1 Month 
After 6 months
After 1 year
After 14 months


4 comments:

  1. Wow! They look amazing and you look beautiful (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a more perfect smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! You did it!!! You look fabulous, as usual! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful smile! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete