Monday, February 6, 2012

My Gift to Matt


Matt turned 43 on Saturday, and he finally got what he wanted.


He asked me to go skiing with him on his birthday.  How could I say no this time?

He and Emma already had plans to go (Josh went with friends early in the morning on the ski bus).  The three of them have season passes.  Matt thought it would be great to have me and Chelsea there too.  So, because it was his birthday, I agreed.  He knew it was a BIG deal for me.  I have only been skiing a few times, and it's been about 24 years.  The thought of doing it scared me and intimidated me.  I didn't want to be a grown lady falling down and doing the snowplow as little four year olds race past.



Well, little four year olds did race past me, but I wasn't the only adult doing the snowplow (the pizza is what they call it now).  I did fall down once, and that was when I got off the chairlift for the first time.  Nobody reminded me that I need to lean forward getting off.  Again... I wasn't the only dork falling off of that chairlift.  But after Matt told me how to do it, I didn't fall again.  "I just let the skis do the work".  "It's my first time up at the mountain".  "I'm skiing!"  What About Bob quotes with a twist.


Me
Chelsea 




















At first, we did the "magic carpet" a few times.  Then we took the chairlift up to the top of that run the rest of the time.  Matt only purchased passes for Chelsea and I that allowed us to use that one chairlift.  It got a little boring, but it was fine for our beginner level.  We stayed at Bogus for 3 1/2 hours.  That was enough for me.





Matt says how happy this outing made him.  I'm glad that I did this for him.  I'm glad I did it for me, too.  Remember, this is my year to "arise".  I want to be better than last year and try things that I've been afraid to try.  I can scratch skiing off my list!

The kids made Matt a candy bar poster.  I got him a hot outfit from Banana Republic.

At the Flying Pie Pizzeria for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment