Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Arrival at the Shoreline Chateau

Here is the beach house that we rented for three nights in Lincoln City, Oregon.  The owners call it the Shoreline Chateau.  It was built in 1934.  It has a lot of its original quaintness but has been renovated nicely.

 It has four bedrooms and sleeps 10.  It has a kitchenette upstairs with a separate living area.  The kids had their own space up there, although we hung out together downstairs a lot.  Almost every window had an ocean view.  It was very comfortable especially by the fireplace.

Here's the view when we first walked into the house.


Here is a back view of the house with its own staircase down to the beach.


 This picture was taken with my mom in mind.  I wondered how she'd feel about that sign.


 I bought this rain coat at REI.  It was worth every penny.  I loved it and will love it for years to come.


Here's my main man.

The kids were having a ball.  This is when I knew that I didn't go wrong with buying the rain boots.





We still managed to get water in our boots at times.  But they dried pretty quickly.


The foam looks like a blanket of snow.  Love that.



2 comments:

  1. What a fun family filled vacation! I answered you on my blog but I thought I would answer on here. Morgan is going to live in Horne Hall. The new heritage was full for her too! I am not sure where all her roommates are from but her actual sharing roommate is from Dallas Texas! They have been emailing and she seems fun. We did indeed sell our house but Rick couldn't seem to make Idaho work. The group he was working with lost the contract and the two groups that own the contracts were not hiring or hiring guys that were already living there. He even tried Twin Falls but that didn't work out. He was going to take a job in Arizona but after weighing everything we ended up just moving into town where everything is closer and he will be close to work and church. The house is a lot smaller so financially it was a good move. I am just glad we sold this monster house. We actually got two offers the same day so we got more than we asked! What a blessing in this time! Does Chelsea know what she is going to go into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea is going to be in Gates Hall. Hopefully Morgan and Chelsea will be friends:) She isn't sure what she will major in. Perhaps education but she is still undecided. How about Morgan?
    I'm happy that you were able to sell your house. I meant to ask you if you guys had to put your horse to sleep. That is good that the kids didn't have to change schools or wards. Keep me posted on a new address.

    ReplyDelete