Friday, April 27, 2012

Run Long

Run Long & Eat More Cake.
That is what my half marathon running shirt said last Saturday.  It is a bright and cheery shirt (bought from runprettyfar.com).  It makes me smile, and that is what I needed to get me through my race.  If I'm gonna run 13.1 miles I gotta look cute.  So to go with my yellow striped shirt, I bought a blue athletic skirt from runningskirts.com, and it is super comfy too. 


Matt didn't run with his iPhone for this race, so thanks to my mom we have these two pictures.


I wish I had a picture of my new running shoes.  I am running in Newtons this year.  Here is what they look like.


I'm liking them a lot.  I'm trying not to heal strike.  I'm learning to run with a natural gait by landing on my forefoot.  I'm still not perfect at it, but I'm getting there.

This is our second time running the Salt Lake Half Marathon.  This year I ran it in 2 hours 11 minutes.  That is 7 minutes slower than last year's Ogden Half, but I'm happy with the time anyway. 

Matt and I flew down to Utah for the race, but it was also in conjunction with our 19th wedding anniversary.  We had a great time together.  I love that guy.... even if he keeps signing me up for these long distance races.  

2 comments:

  1. I am at the moment tipping my hat to you! (Figuratively speaking since hats don't fit on my melon!) Seriously so jealous of your fortitude and stamina! I have not done any exercise for a while as I am busy dealing with the move. I am determined to get back after it after all calms down. You guys inspire me to at least think about running again!! Congrats on your time. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should meet up somewhere and do a race together. Maybe we should head down your way and do one there... of course, when it's not 100 degrees. I've never been to Texas (except to the Houston airport so that doesn't count). Good luck with the move and also to Morgan as she is trying to find a job. Chelsea has just over a month left at home. So sad about that but I'm also so excited for her. Our girls have grown up:)

    ReplyDelete