Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trip Planner

I love to plan trips.  I could do it all of the time if we had the time and money to travel more.  I love to research places and figure out what is fun and interesting to do and see.  I also like to do a little looking at where we should eat when traveling to and from (if driving) and while we are there.

I really would have liked to have gone to New Orleans for spring break since my brother and his family are moving away from there at the end of the year.  But plane tickets are so darn expensive considering we all flew out to Atlanta at Thanksgiving.  I had to find an alternative.  I suggested to Matt that we go to the Oregon Coast for the week.  He was on board with that.  Neither one of us had been there, and we've heard a lot of great things about it.


In February, I did some research into beach houses and found a great beachfront house in Lincoln City.  Lincoln City looked pretty central to a lot of the things we could see and do.  Lucky for us, it was still available for the week we wanted.

After spending lots of time on the computer reading about the coastal attractions and talking to a couple of friends who have been there, I came up with a fun plan.  It wasn't set in stone because I knew the weather would play a big role in what we could do, but it was a good guideline.


In preparation, I ordered all of us rain boots.  I knew that it would be chilly and most likely rainy.  This was not going to be a barefoot on the beach type of vacation.  Warm and dry feet were a must.  I also had to get a couple of us new rain jackets.  I am so glad I spent the money on all of that because it was well used!

Let me share with you a little of our Oregon adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment