Monday, April 8, 2013

The Delhi Snake Charmer

When we came out of a little restaurant at lunchtime in Delhi, this snake charmer was sitting out in the courtyard area.  Benson asked me if I wanted to hold a snake and I said "No way!  Ask Matt."  When Matt came out, Benson asked him and he said he would, without any hesitation.  I took a little video of Matt.




Then Benson got me to go over there to share in the "fun".  This series of pictures cracks me up.  I did not like it at all.  The feel of the moving snake grossed me out and having that cobra just inches away was enough to do me in.  The last picture is me with a fake smile on my face and inside my head I'm saying, "Ok, this is enough for me.  I'm done."  I paid the dude 100 rupees ($2.00) and I was out of there!  Later, Matt told me that the cobra didn't have fangs.  Wish someone had told ME that earlier!






1 comment:

  1. Fangs or no fangs, I am totally with you on this one. You did better than i would have done. That snake would have never made it around my neck! such awesome pictures. Matt totally chill with the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete