Friday, December 20, 2019

A Book A Month: 2018 and 2019

Two years ago, I set a goal to read one book a month for the year.  That might not seem like much to some voracious readers out there.  But I had to start somewhere!  I was successful in 2018, so I did it again in 2019.  Nailed it again.  Here are my lists:

2018 Books

January- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
February- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
March- Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demik
April- Alive in the Killing Fields by Nawuth Keat; The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
May- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
June- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
July- Grandmothering: The Secrets to Making a Difference While Having the Time of Your Life by Linda Eyre
August- Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
September- The Chronicles of Narnia books 1-5 by C.S. Lewis
October- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
November- America's First Daughter by Steph Dray
December- Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling



2019 Books

January- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman
February- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
March- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
April- A Place For Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza
May- Your Endowment by Mark A. Shields
June- The #1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
July- Focused: Keeping Your Life On Track by Noelle Pikus Pace
August- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
September- Empty Nest Parenting by Linda and Richard Eyre
October- The Continuous Atonement for Teens by Brad Wilcox
November- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
December- Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World by Scott Harrison

I really have enjoyed reading all of these books.  I like adding variety and not sticking to just one genre.  I'm going to keep it going every year.
2020 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment