Friday, December 13, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019

I have so much to be thankful for each and every day.  How can my life get any better?  I have all I need.



It snowed off and on around Thanksgiving.  I don't think I've ever had a "White Thanksgiving" until this year.  I'm super grateful that Megan and Josh were able to make it down from Logan late morning without too many problems other than having to dig their car out of the deep snow.  Emma was home from BYU which was awesome.  But we missed our Chelsea and her little family far away in London.  They celebrated with a yummy roasted chicken the following day.

This year, we bought a 20 pound smoked turkey from R&R BBQ.  Matt picked it up at the designated time of noon.  It was so nice to not have to prep and cook a turkey at home and have it take up precious oven space.  Matt used our new electric knife which made it super easy to carve.  The turkey was beautiful and delicious!




I made a sausage stuffing this year using a combination of cubed French bread and cornbread that I had made using Kamut flour.  It was yummy, but we didn't eat much of it which makes me think that I might not go to the trouble of making it in the years to come.
I also made crescent rolls in the shape of little turkeys.  So fun and easy.



Emma helped with the perfect mashed potatoes, and Josh and Megan put together a traditional green bean casserole.  I made a small dish of sweet potatoes with a brown sugar coconut topping.  Yum.  Emma set a festive table for us all to enjoy our dinner at.






After Thanksgiving dinner, we drove up to my parent's house and ate pie with Kristen's, Erik's, and Heather's families.  I had never made pie crust using Kamut flour, so it turned out to be a learning experience getting it just right.  I wasted a bunch of precious flour and sticks of shortening and butter in the process. But in the end, I got it to work.  I made an apple and a pumpkin pie.




I love this picture of Emma and Bailey massaging Grandma's tired and sore feet after a long day of cooking and serving!  Sweet girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment