Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wright Family Grinch Party

This year I volunteered to host our annual Wright family Christmas party at our house.  I decided to have a Grinch theme.  Hobby Lobby had a lot of great Grinch decor on sale, so I bought a bunch of that.  I figured I could use it in the future for Grandpa's Grinch Nights that Matt will host for the grandkids.  When people were arriving, I had them figure out their "Grinch name" using a code I got off of Etsy and writing it on a name tag.  It was a silly thing, but everyone seemed to love it.  We had a yummy lunch with foods that had Grinch themed names.   Then we went to the basement and played a fun game of pass the presents.  I had asked everyone to bring any food item that they wanted.  It could be yummy and a favorite of theirs.  Or it could be funny or weird or gross.  Whatever.  We passed the wrapped food gifts to the left or right when the words Grinch or Who (and all of their derivations) were read.  Emma read us the classic Grinch story from our favorite book.  Everyone had a great time, and we had some really good laughs.  The party was topped off with a visit from Jultomten who came bearing treats for all.  







No comments:

Post a Comment