Sunday, May 1, 2011

By Small and Simple Things

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Alma 37:6-7

This was the theme of the 2011 BYU Women's Conference. I was a blessed lady to get to go this year with my mom and sister Heather. I have always wanted to attend the conference, and this year worked out perfectly for me to go. I flew down to SLC on Wednesday. Mom picked me up at the airport, and then we went to pick up my lil sis, Heather. We stayed at a Marriott hotel in Provo.



The conference began Thursday morning. It was a joy being back on BYU campus. I was overwhelmed with the Spirit as I sat in the huge Marriott Center. I got a little choked up as I thought about how lucky my oldest daughter will be next year when she comes here to be a student. I'm a bit jealous.

Elder or President Samuelson presided at the opening session. I joked about how the security ropes and guards were there to keep me from going up to him so that I could demand the half credit that I need in order to be eligible for the on-line bachelor's degree program. I resisted the temptation to beg.



The classes that I attended were all absolutely wonderful. I listened to and was taught by Sister Pearce, Elder Samuelson, Sister Thompson, Sister Beck, and Elder and Sister Bednar. Other presenters I went to are Stephanie Nielson (from NieNie Dialogues) and her three sisters, Janet Rowley, Jana Amundson, Jan Scharman, and Judi VanLeeuwen.

I learned so much. My spiritual bucket was filled.

Here are some pics of my favorite college campus.











On Friday evening, I found myself at my parents' home all by myself. It was so quiet there which is highly unusual. I'm not sure I've even been there alone with my parents since I got married. No siblings, no nieces or nephews, no husband or kids, no dog. It was very peaceful, and I laid in bed watching the Royal Wedding all by myself.

Saturday morning brought a wonderful surprise. My littlest sister decided to drive down from Sugar City, Idaho to show off her new baby. I was able to spend only three hours with her and her kids, but what a gift that was for me. Thanks, LoLo!







Such a sweet little boy. Tate Courtney. Love the name. And I love his soft, little neck!

And another blessing... I got to visit with my older sister, Kristen, who happened to be visiting/helping a friend all the way from good ol' Wyoming! Due to a very late night and also just receiving a long, relaxing, oily massage, she didn't want her picture taken. But when she least expected it, I snapped one anyway!!



Seeing all three of my sisters in one day doesn't happen very often.

The "small and simple things" in my life make my life so great! I'm so grateful for a loving husband who made it possible for me to sneak away from home for a few days so that I could be enriched by the Spirit and also spend time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment