Wednesday, December 28, 2011

700

That was the number I picked January 4, 2011.  My goal on my nifty Nike+ was to run 700 miles in 52 weeks.  I accomplished that today, December 28th.  Victory for me!  Here's a picture of my computer screen after uploading my run.  



It was a good running day, too.  I was able to sleep in and then start my run at 9 am.  I had to go by myself though which was the only bummer.  The weather was fantastic.  It was 44 degrees with a slight wind and light sprinkles of rain.  I had to take my hat and gloves off after mile one.  I wish the weather in the winter was always that warm.  I can't stand the below freezing temps that I endure on other mornings.  

I need to set a new goal.  800 should be good.  I can reach that with no problem if I don't get injured like I did this past fall.  I have two races already planned which will make me keep to a good training program through the first half of 2012.  We are doing the Salt Lake Half Marathon again this April, and then in June, we have the Ragnar Relay in Utah... The Wasatch Back.  We'll be doing that with my side of the family.  It will be "fun".  

YEA for me!  I can do hard things.  Now I just have to make it a little bit harder for the new year so I can be better than I am now.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 700! After seeing you thrive on Guam, despite hardships, it was apparent that "yes Kim you can do hard things!" I have no doubt you will achieve your 800 this year-- great goal! Way to ARISE Kim-- you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete