Sunday, December 18, 2011

Look Who's 40!

It finally came. Ten days ago on the 8th. My 40th birthday. I remember when I was a probably 11 or 12. My older sister and I were talking with our Aunt Liz about being 40. Not sure why. Maybe she had just turned 40. Anyway, I remember laughing as we talked about being "firm at 40"...referring to the benefits of having a small chest. Well, I'm not sure that Aunt Liz was really telling the truth. For sure I don't have low hanging bosoms, but they aren't "firm at 40" like I had once hoped. Ha Ha! But I'm pretty fabulous at 40, I must say. I like where I'm at. I like me at 40.
Matt surprised me with my own "Amazing Race". He knows how much I love that show. He printed off a bunch of clues that looked just like the ones on TV. We didn't go anywhere exciting or exotic. Someday I'll get to go to Thailand or the Greek Isles... but for my birthday this year I went to Twin Falls.
My "task" there was to go to the temple. We left the kids home by themselves Wednesday night. It's so nice that they are old enough and responsible enough for us to be able to do that. We stayed in a nice hotel suite. I loved sitting in the loft jacuzzi tub watching "The Blind Side". So relaxing.
The temple was wonderful. Such a beautiful birthday morning. I love being in the temple with my sweetheart.
My "roadblock" after that led me to a sushi place there in town. Yeah, Twin Falls isn't your ideal place to find sushi. Matt knew that this certainly would be a challenge for me to do. I've eaten it before... first time was in Tokyo. Maybe I've gagged it down on a date a time or two after that. So my challenge was that I had to eat six pieces. I ordered the spicy tuna roll. Thankfully we sat in a corner of the restaurant so I could gag in semi-privacy. It really isn't the taste of it so much as it is the texture that does me in.
The next clue led us back to Boise where Matt took me to get some new running clothes. Then we headed home to do my next task of running 40 minutes in honor of my 40th birthday. I loved that. It was great to run at dusk. I hadn't done that in a long time. My usually running time is 6 am.
My last clue to my "race" took me back on the road to Texas Roadhouse. It had been quite a long time since I had been there. I love their rolls with cinnamon butter. I could have just eaten those and called it a day. Matt also threw in some other nice gifts throughout my Amazing Race birthday. I loved that he was thoughtful and that he loves me. He shows me his love every day. My forties will be fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. That was/is an AWESOME gift! How fun! Welcome to the "old guys club" Kim!

    Steve Meister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve! Thanks for paving the way through the 40s for me! Do you even remember when you turned 40? It was so long ago. Ha Ha! You are awesome. Glad we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that! You guys are awesome and look amazing for any age! Good job Matt! Love the running outfit you have on by the way.

    ReplyDelete