Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Grateful Run

I am grateful for a body that allows me to run. I really do love running despite some days that I have a hard time getting myself out the door. I'm grateful that my calf was healed up enough that I could run in the Atlanta Thanksgiving Day 5K. What a beautiful morning for a race! Matt, Josh, and I ran with Matt's brother, Alex and their sister, Rach. Their youngest brother, Jed, and his wife, Heather, went with us so that we could have some awesome cheerleaders. I ran by myself and finished in 29 1/2 minutes. I even placed 22nd in my age division. Not too shabby. Okay, you might be thinking that there were only maybe 50 people in the 35-39 women category for me to place that well. But no. There were over 100. Thank you very much. Maybe the really fast ladies stayed home to cook their turkeys and pie that morning! Running on Thanksgiving morning is the best. It's a great way to burn off calories so I can go eat more calories later on in the day and not feel too guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment