Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Biking in Boise

After running 5 miles and doing some yard work, we finished off Labor Day with an afternoon of biking in Boise.  We took the same route on the greenbelt that we rode on the Fourth of July.  This time we had Josh with us.  He had never ridden to Powell's Candy Shoppe before, so this route was new to him.    Here's our attempt at a self taken family photo minus Chelsea.


The greenbelt was crowded in parts, but we navigated past the peeps just fine.






We stopped for a quick water break at the Anne Frank Memorial.  I love that place.  We need to pay it a visit again but take our time and re-read the inscribed walls and listen to her story again.  Why do I not think of taking visitors here when they come to town?  It is a lovely memorial.  




We biked to the area where the candy shoppe is located and had pizza at Flatbread Community Oven.  We had never eaten at this one before (this is the 3rd).  I got my usual margherita pizza and chicken apple walnut salad.  Yum.  I forgot to pull out my camera when the beautiful food was on our plates.



Then we headed over to Powell's.  Check out these delicious treats that I found.  Sorry about the blurry pics.  Let's start with some fizzy bacon soda.  Refreshing, I'm sure.


"The magical fruit" that I bet produces the same results, if you know what I mean.


Scrub yourself daily with one of these babies.  And pick your teeth clean with a ranch flavored toothpick while you're at it.


Who wouldn't want to have pickle breath?  Grab a pickle mint and you'll be set!


This is one of my favorite spots along the river.  It's by Veteran's Park. It's quiet and shady.  I love the dark colors in there.

Here's me... the happy mom.  Another fun biking day with the fam.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun active family you guys are. We are finally getting some cooler weather and bike riding and running now are enjoyable. We need to do these things more! Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete