Monday, September 17, 2012

Butterflies

Yikes!  My stomach is full of butterflies tonight.  Tomorrow is my first time being in charge of a whole class as a substitute teacher.  I've worked four days so far and each job has been at different schools for ERR aide.  It's been a small challenge so far, but I think tomorrow may be a BIG challenge.  I get to be a kindergarten teacher for the afternoon!


I certainly hope that my experience of being a mother and a primary president really pays off.  I hope that my job last week shadowing a special-needs kindergartener helps me out.  I watched that teacher like a hawk and tried to soak in all of her words and techniques because I already had tomorrow's job lined up.

I gotta pretend that I am an expert, a professional.... like I've done this many times before.  If there are parents around, I'm not sure I want them to know that I'm a first-timer.  Fake it 'til you make it, right?

I'll let you all know how it goes.  I'm praying that the butterflies will fly away as soon as I greet those 20+ kids and sit down at the ABC rug.


No comments:

Post a Comment