Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A.R. Goes to Austria



Captain von Trapp: Now, Fraulein. I want a truthful answer from you.
Maria: Yes, Captain?
Captain von Trapp: Is it possible - or could I have just imagined it - have my children by any chance been climbing trees today?
Maria: Yes, Captain.
Captain von Trapp: I see. And where, may I ask, did they get these... ummm...
Maria: Play clothes.
Captain von Trapp: Oh, is that what you call them?
Maria: I made them. From the drapes that used to hang in my bedroom.
Captain von Trapp: Drapes?
Maria: They still have plenty of wear left. The children have been everywhere in them.
Captain von Trapp: Do you mean to tell me that my children have been roaming about Salzburg dressed up in nothing but some old drapes?
Maria: Mmm-hmmm. And having a marvelous time!

I love this part of The Sound of Music!

The Amazing Race headed to Salzburg, Austria this past Sunday. Yet another place that I dream of visiting.... but in the summertime.

The pitstop for this leg of the race was at the real von Trapp family home. Gorgeous. Here's a picture:



In 2008 it became a hotel. Wouldn't it be so fun to stay in one of the 14 original rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment