Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Love Story

I'm in love with Macy's. Some of you know that already.
I love Macy's even more when I find unexpected, incredible deals like I did yesterday and then today.
Let me share.

Yesterday, I went to the mall. Haven't done that in a while. I tell ya, using the Dave Ramsey cash system has done wonders to keep me from spending money I shouldn't. But I had done so good lately. My clothing envelope had built up to a nice amount, so I had to go take a peak at what is out there in the stores right now. I thought that if I found one thing that I really loved, I'd buy it.

I roamed around Macy's admiring all of the cute spring outfits. I loved the colors I was seeing. Especially in the INC department. I found a super cute scarf for a 3/4 sleeve sweater that I have. I've been looking for just the perfect one since I bought it last spring. I knew it would be perfect cause I had the sweater on. After buying it, later that day, I got a compliment on the scarf. Yessssss.



I made my way to the petite department where I can usually find great bargains. I found a few tops for me and a dress for Chelsea. Nothing was more than $10! The dress I bought for Chels was an $80 INC dress. Size P. That is an extra small petite. I usually don't buy her clothes when she's not around due to having to take too many things back to the store. But I took the chance since it was such a good price. But unfortunately, she didn't like the pattern of the fabric.

So this morning, I made my way back to Macys. My car automatically knows the way. I just help it out a bit:) I was also returning a top that I had bought for myself that I decided against keeping. I walked straight to the petite department, and on a large rack that someone had just rolled in ready to be put on the floor racks, I spied a red pea coat. In the petite department! You don't know the happiness that this can bring me. Miss Shorty Arms here! During the cold months of winter, petite coats are few and far between. After buying too many ill-fitting coats and jackets, I won't buy one anymore unless it is petite size.

So, back to this red coat... I checked the size. Petite Size Small. It even has a cute hood on it. The excitement continued. I check the price tag. Certainly it is on clearance since this is now April. Sure enough, the markdown is from $129. to $34. I'm sold. Then, a thought. I can use my $10 off a $30 purchase if I use my Macy's card. It will only be $24! I try it on just to make sure it fits. Yep. I give it to the lady. I pull out my discount card and she tells me, after ringing it up, that I can't use it. It rang up as only $16!! SWEET! I could have used the 20% off card that I had. But I'd rather pay cash and not worry about getting another $2 off. I could have gotten it for $14, people.

It is much cuter on me than in this picture.



There you have it. My latest escapade with Macy's. My love deepens.

2 comments:

  1. I love a bold coat! I need to go shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about if we go shopping while the guys are sweating it out during their marathon? Chicago has great shopping. Matt and Jed will never know... until we pack up to go home:)

    ReplyDelete