Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Mystery Mess

Sunday night, Matt went out to fire up the old, rusty grill for the first time this year. He lifted up the lid and found some grass and leaves. He came in and basically blamed Josh for putting that crap in there. He asked all of us who did it, but nobody fessed up. On Monday afternoon, I went out back to fire up the grill for my avocado chicken pitas I was going to make for dinner. I found a few leaves and grass spread around the grill. Oh, funny Josh! Even if he wasn't the culprit the day before, now he is playing a trick on Dad just to push his buttons. I threw the pieces on the ground and grilled my chicken. Nothing was said about it. Now Tuesday morning comes. Emma tells Matt and I that there is a bird outside that sounds like Sundance whinning. A bird whinning? Whatever, little Emma! Then she tells me later that she saw the bird go inside the grill. Ah Ha! The bird is trying to make a nest inside of our dirty, old grill. Silly bird! Don't you know that your little eggs will get fried to a crisp? So I went outside and lifted the lid. Sure enough! More bits of greenery laid out on the rack. Not a smart bird.

Here is the mess:



Can you see real culprit sitting on the left side of the grill?

3 comments:

  1. This happens to us EVERY year! We have put a brillo pad in the little side vent holes where the birds go in to stop them. Mike really likes to try to "catch" them in there and turn on the grill. Thankfully they fly out before anything happens. Can you imagine???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lo for the advise. The paper plates I taped over the holes are no longer working. THEY'RE BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too have had the nest makers!! Along with them are the wasps that try to make their nasty hives. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete