Friday, April 15, 2011

Volunteering

Since I don't get paid squat (monetarily) for anything I do, I guess you could say that whatever I'm doing is volunteer work. Right? Here's what I've been up to lately when it comes to volunteering at the elementary school. I am Mr. Patterson's classroom representative. In other words... I'm the mom who is in charge of finding the volunteers for various activities... or I'm the mom who winds up doing a lot all by herself.



This basket is for the annual school carnival in May. We had to get it put all together a month early. I've been collecting money and items from parents in Emma's class since the end of February. I think I did a pretty good job at getting enough people to pitch in. Our class theme is "Summertime Fun". That covers a wide array of items.



I love helping... most of the time. I'm glad that I've been involved in the kids' schools. I haven't helped at the high school yet... not really sure how to do that. But I've certainly spent a lot of time at the elementary and middle school over the past six years. Someday, this will all be done and over with... and I might just miss it. So, I'll keep enjoying it and being positive about volunteering my time and energy.

It's all for the love of my kids.

3 comments:

  1. You might miss elementary and high school. But no one ever misses Jr. high (or middle school). At least not in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middle school can be a hard time. I actually found a great way to volunteer at LHMS when Josh was there. But this two year break from middle school is certainly welcomed.

    ReplyDelete