Sunday, January 16, 2011

Getting Fit For the Race

Yesterday I ran five miles with Matt. I have a love-hate relationship with running. Yesterday, I loved it. I loved it because I didn't have to get up before 6 am. It was light outside, so I didn't have to put on my reflective belt thingy with blinking light on the back and my headlamp. The other reason I loved it was because it was a foggy morning. That was an added bonus to my run. It was beautiful. I hadn't run 5 miles since August 14th. I can't believe it's been that long. I've been consistent at running 3 1/2 miles about 3 or four times a week. Time to increase the mileage.

We are starting our official training this coming week for our second half marathon. We are running the Ogden Half in May. It will be fun to see if I can run it faster than I ran the SLC Half last spring. This time I will be running it pretty much by myself. Matt has set a faster goal pace than me. It will be just me and my music and the majesty of the mountains. Good alliteration, huh? I'm hoping for some nice spring weather. Most likely it won't be snowing in May, but it certainly could be a chilly, rainy day. I've run quite a bit in the rain. I know I can handle that. Wind. I hate wind. That would be a big downer.

Tomorrow morning I will start my day with an early morning run with my hubby. I get to run in my new shoes for the first time. Check these out! They are pretty wild for me. I totally went out of my comfort zone when I bought them. I'll let you know if they make me run faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment