Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Little Eyes Are Watching

Yesterday, Emma came home from school and said that she didn't get something. "What?" I asked. She said that she had health class and wondered how it was that her health teacher could be "chubby" and still teach health. She saw the disconnect between what her teacher does in her own life and what she was telling the kids about healthy living. I told her that sometimes grown ups have a hard time doing what they tell others to do.

Little eyes are watching us. Children get to an age where they notice if we are doing what we are supposed to be doing. They try to make sense of the world around them, and sometimes they just don't get it. I hope that I can be a good example to my kids. I want them to remember me as someone who practiced what I preached even when I thought nobody was watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment