Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Up For the Challenge


Due to matters I won't discuss here on my blog, Matt is trying to omit certain foods from his diet. This is creating a challenge for me when it comes to meal planning. Many of the recipes that have been staples in our house aren't in the line-up anymore. No more french dips. No more hot teriyaki sandwiches. No more shepherd's pie. No more swedish meatballs. So long red meat of any kind:( We've been eating a lot more chicken and pork lately. We like chicken and pork, but it does get old. Thank goodness for ground turkey breast. It's a little on the expensive side, but I've been able to adapt a few of our stand-by recipes that call for ground beef. Last week, I found this recipe and ooohhh was it good. Very flavorful and quite healthy. Try it. You won't be sorry.



Here is a soup recipe that doesn't have any meat in it. Wow. Was it easy to make tonight! Super quick and so good. My kids like fresh spinach in salads, but they were a little put off by the look of spinach leaves swimming in their soup. Josh called it "foliage". But they ate it with just a little bit of coaxing, and they liked it. We will be making it again for sure. One little, but very important, change I made to this recipe is that I pureed the whole tomatoes. Nobody but me would be eating it if I didn't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment