Friday, January 14, 2011

The Starting Line

One of my biggest wishes in life is to be able to travel more. Domestic and overseas. I LOVE to go to new places. I love learning about other cultures, eating interesting foods, visiting the unique sights of each destination. It's been a long time since I've been able to travel to another country. Being in the Navy spoiled me. I left the country for the first time at age 15 and traveled with my dad and sister to Germany and France. But mostly, it was living on Guam that spoiled me. I really caught the travel bug while I was there. Since coming back to the States seven years ago (has it really been that long?), we have not made it a priority to spend our money and time on traveling outside of the country. We have been to some cool places in our beautiful America, but I'm just dying to get out of here and see something different again.

My heart pulls me to a tropical place. I'm right in the middle of cold winter, so that is what I can't stop thinking about. Today, thanks to HGTV, I imagined myself in Fiji. I see myself in a beautiful bungalow right on a private beach. There is a steady breeze, and I'm watching the palm trees sway. I'm listening to the waves crash on the reef. Oh, to feel that enveloping heat of the tropics. Love it. Love it.

Back to reality, Kim. (This pic was my reality a few years back. It was taken in Saipan.)

So, you ask, "Why Kim's Amazing Race?" Well, I LOVE the show on CBS, The Amazing Race. I can't get enough. I'm sad when each season ends and I have to wait a couple of months for the next one to start. I live vicariously through the travels of the contestants. What a super cool experience it would be to be on the show! Intense but fun. I must admit that I have never missed a season of the show (there's been 17!). I watched the very first season of it even before most people ever heard of the show. I've been with Phil (the host) for the whole ride. Please, CBS, don't cancel my show, ever!

MY amazing race is my life. No, I'm not trying to hurry through life or make it go faster. No way. I'm taking my time and sucking it all in. Making it last. My travels aren't too exotic or too out of the ordinary these days. But I am going where I'm supposed to be going. I'm confident that I'm doing it in the way I'm suppose to be doing it.

Let me share with you my daily travels, my roadblocks, my detours, my u-turns, my pitstops, my tasks, and my teammates. I'm not sure exactly how this will all play out, but I do know where my final destination is. And the finishing prize is no million dollars. It's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment