Saturday, February 19, 2011

Car-less

Today I am home by myself....on a Saturday afternoon! When was the last time that ever happened? Matt, Josh, and Emma went to Bogus Basin to ski/snowboard. They took the Suburban. Chelsea is on a group afternoon date (pre-Sweetheart dance date) with Rockwell. She took the Honda. I'm stuck at home. No car. My little girl can drive her. It's crazy! How did I get to this point in my life so quickly?

And, to top it off, if I was a nice mom, which I'm not, then Josh could be getting his driving permit this month! That might be allowed by the state of Idaho, but in our house, the permit doesn't happen until our kids are 15, a sophomore, and taking drivers ed. So Josh will just have to wait until the end of August to even think about driving. Actually, he is already thinking about it. He begs us every now and then to let him drive down the street. Nope. We ain't those kind of parents:)

So, here I sit. I'm enjoying the quiet, grey Saturday afternoon all by myself...car-less. I think I will go read my book.


Picture of Josh and Chelsea on the first day of freshman/junior year of high school

No comments:

Post a Comment