Friday, February 4, 2011

My Guy

Today is my guy's 42nd birthday. The day was started off by running five miles with him. It's good to be healthy at such an old age:) I hung our family's birthday banner for him


and made him a yummy oatmeal breakfast. Have you ever put flavored coffee creamer on your oatmeal? I'm so glad the lady at the ortho told me about that. We have hazelnut. Just a tablespoon is all you need. Then add just a little milk. Try it!

When he was in the shower, I snuck in and took a picture of him in his "birthday suit" just for fun. It got deleted pretty quick! But here is a picture of him that I love.


When he came home from work for lunch, I surprised him with some sushi made fresh at Fred Meyer by an oriental dude behind the counter. Matt loved it. I like making him happy.


When he is done doing his doctoring, I will be making him a mushroom swiss burger with caramelized onions. It will be his first hamburger (or any red meat for that matter) since mid-November. It is beef that one of his patients brought him the other day. Weird, huh? Sometimes people bring him gifts. In Guam, a couple of times, someone brought him huge fish that they had caught. Anyway, I hope it sits well with him. He is excited about eating it.

For dessert, I have made him these. Don't they look great?




Tonight we are going to see "True Grit" cause that's what he wants to see.

This is his birthday present. Now he can look super cool when he runs in the sunshine.



I love my guy. Happy birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Mike says he can find that "birthday suit" picture on your camera....what you think is deleted isn't REALLY gone forever. Hahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, your such a good wife. Matt has great taste. I have been wearing Maui Jim's for about 7 years and I love them. I like them so much that most of the pictures I'm in they will be on my eyes, top of my head, or hanging in my cleavage. My kids are now trying to remind me to take them off my head as we walk into sacrament meeting. Glad you had a great day. Love your Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete