Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Searching High and Low

Don't you hate it when you go shopping looking for something specific and you can't find it? I need (okay, want) a new dress and I can't find one. I'm so frustrated. I've seen so many super cute dresses that I can't wear. Some are sleeveless and some are capped sleeve with not enough fabric under the armpits. Or some have a low neck line and a cami won't look good under it. I have found a few that would actually work, but they turned out to be a couple inches too short when I gave them the "sit down" test. What is a Mormon lady to do?

Today, I was at Macy's. They had a lot of dresses on sale. I tried on about five that I thought were contenders. I walked away with nothing. I did find a black one that I could wear, but it is exactly like the red one I bought at JC Penney's last winter. It is a sweater type dress with a cowl neck and 3/4 length sleeve. I like it, but I can't have two dresses that are virtually the same. Especially since the red one is my only winter dress. Everything else I have for winter are separates. A few skirts and some sweaters.

I also stopped in at Target for non-clothing items. I walked by the women's clothing department and was surprised to find two dresses that I thought would work. Tried them on. Too short. So frustrating.

I have had my eyes peeled for a couple weeks now for modest and stylish dresses. Why am I not finding one? Am I looking in the wrong places? Where is Stacey London when I need her?

3 comments:

  1. My girls love the Shabby Apple. It is an online store and the dresses are stylish and modest. It was so fun reconnecting. When I left I was remiss that I didn't ask if you had a blog. Then I saw your comment and was super excited. I will have to catch up and read your blog. My girls really liked Chelsea and after talking with her they were excited about the schools. Morgan came home and looked at what classes Mountain View offered and she was telling me all about it! Thanks for hanging with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised that with all of the internet browsing of modest dresses that I've done, I have never had the Shabby Apple pop up. I love it. Lots of cute dresses. Thanks for sharing the idea. I never have trouble finding dresses for warmer weather. It is the winter that I struggle with. Even though it's freezing outside, the stores still carry mostly summer type dresses. It's frustrating to people who can't stand to be cold!

    My blog is very new. Just started last month. There's not much there to catch up on:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try being a few inches taller than you. It's not easy. Glad you finally found an AWESOME deal at Macy's!

    ReplyDelete