Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Task I Don't Love

Yesterday, I experienced the joy of finally getting my son's hair cut. The joy came AFTER the trial... of getting him there.

Do I even need to say that Josh does NOT like to get his hair cut? He pretty much hates it.

I must tell you that I have always loved my boy's hair. Love the color. Love the thickness. I like it when he lets me run my fingers through it.

BUT... it had gotten out of control. Way too long! I don't mind letting him have slightly longer hair than most boys at church. It's just hair. There will come a day when he wants to cut it shorter like he used to wear it. For now, it's okay with me that it covers his ears and swooshes over his eyebrows a bit.

I don't fight him too much about it. But lately, it has become an issue. It was time.

Yesterday, I finally got Josh in the car and took him to Sports Clips. Quite a masculine place. It obviously caters to boys and men. I'm always the only female, except for the all-girl staff. I, personally, hate sitting in there. There aren't any girly magazines and ESPN is not entertaining for me.


Josh is a negotiator. He thought that because he was cutting his hair, I should get him a new video game. Ha Ha Ha. Are you kidding me!! NOT a good trade. But that is how he feels about losing his precious long hair. He tried hard before and after the cut. I said I'd stop and get him a candy bar, but that wasn't equal in his eyes. He'd rather have nothing, I guess, cause he didn't want me to stop. He just wanted to go straight home.

A couple of hours later he was fine and happy. It just took him a little while to get used to his new look. It's still on the longer side when it comes to a clean cut Mormon look. But it is okay with me. He's such a handsome boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment