Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gotta Have It

I have been using recipes from OurBestBites.com for a couple of years now, since my sis-in-law Jody told me about it. This past year I have had the opportunity to try even more recipes now that I'm not in a "meal group" anymore. I have more freedom to try meals that I wouldn't have wanted to triple the recipe for. Although there are some that I did make for meal group.

The website is done by two Mormon moms who love to cook. One lives in New Orleans and the other lives right here in the Boise area. I love the way they write about the food they cook and recipes that they come up with. It is so fun and relatable. Is that a word? Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday they make a new post. Sometimes they give stuff away, too.



The two ladies just put out their first cookbook in February. I LOVE IT. Many recipes in the book are found on their website, but there are many new ones as well. I love that I have the book right here at my finger tips. Everything that I have tried so far has been pretty much awesome. All except the apple cider spice doughnuts that we made last fall. But the problem was probably just us. We had never made doughnuts before.

You can buy the cookbook at Deseret Book or on Amazon. You won't be sorry at all! It is even a hardcover spiral-bound which is my favorite kind!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I was going to surprise you and buy you this cook book.... Loots like you beat me to it. I hope to get it one day soon too! Thanks for telling me about their blog!

    ReplyDelete