Monday, March 7, 2011

Konnichiwa

I'm obsessed with The Amazing Race. I know.

I've decided that every week I am going to do a little research into each place they go and pretend I'm there. Won't that be fun for you!

But so far, the first few episodes have been in places I have already been.

In April of 2005, Matt and I went on a temple trip to Tokyo with some of our Guam District members. Thankfully, our district president and a couple of other people spoke Japanese and were able to navigate us through the city. What a fun few days full of temple work and tourism. I wish that we could have had more time so that we could have gotten out of the city and into more natural settings like in this latest CLIP of my favorite show.

Here are some pics from our Tokyo trip.

Guam District Group Picture- Quite the diverse traveling group!


Super clean, but complicated, train system


The "leader of the pack", President Davis


Kim on train with Kazuko


Sushi Chefs


Kim eats sushi for the first time!


Matt at the park


Lunch in park


Kim at park


Old men fishing at the park


11th wedding anniversary at the temple


Tokyo Temple


Tokyo Disneyland


"It's A Small World" sung in Japanese... of course... we were in Japan!



Senso-ji Temple


Senso-ji Temple shopping entrance


Senso-ji temple shopping


Senso-ji Entrance and Offerings


In shabu shabu restaurant- The best lunch I have ever eaten


Shabu-shabu restaurant

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to learn about different places/cultures. Must be used for a PP project! Now if only you and Matt wouldn't be so spoiled as to have been to all of those places......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoiled is right. That got me wanting to keep traveling and unfortunately we haven't been able to since coming back to the States. It was so much cheaper to travel since we were so close to those places. Plus, we traveled just to get off the island. But the U.S. has great places to visit, but I'm dying to travel foreign again.

    ReplyDelete