Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Wish: To Run My Race Like Sam

Here is my beautiful sister in law Sam (Matt's older sister).
Today marks one year from her sudden passing from this life. Everybody misses her.



This picture was taken when we lived in North Carolina. She and her kids came down from Richmond and met us for a fun (but cold) day at Kitty Hawk.




We are so grateful that we got to live near the Moore family for 10 months.



This picture was taken because of the kindness of Sam. She was so excited to get to babysit 3 1/2 year old Emma while we took Josh and Chelsea up to Washington DC for a few days.



Oh my goodness! Our kids have grown so much since this picture was taken.



Here is my baby with her baby.



Sam loved going to Utah to visit family. This was taken at the bbq in Lucile's backyard just before Jed and Heather's wedding.



During the same trip out west, Sam brought her family up to Boise to visit us. We took them to this place (Sandy Point at Lucky Peak) one afternoon to play. I can kick myself for not taking any pictures while they were here.



This is a picture of my young women group up at girls' camp this past summer. I put this on here because I know how much Sam loved going to girls' camp in Virginia. I like to think about Sam when I'm doing my YW president duties:) I had a more positive camp experience this past year because of her example.



Sam is full of love. She loves being an aunt. She would ask my kids who their favorite aunt was. There could be only one answer. Aunt Sam!

1 comment: